Grizzly Omega Aid for Horses
Powerful Omega-3 Benefits for your Horse
EPA • DHA • ALA
Omega Aid 4 Horses is a unique, proprietary blend of oils providing superior bio-available Omega 3s. Flavored with essential peppermint oil, a delicious taste that horses love, Omega Aid delivers a wealth of benefits to horses of any age and activity level.
The Many Benefits of Omega Aid 4 Horses
- Omega Aid 4 Horses delivers the long chain Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA that are more beneficial and bioavailable than Omega-3 fatty acids found in Flax seed oil.
- EPA supports a horse’s immune system.
- DHA supports a horse’s nervous system functions, including vision and cognition.
- EPA and DHA support healthy development in foals and yearlings (as documented by Texas A&M, the University of Arizona, Colorado State University, the University of Florida, and Kansas State University).
- EPA and DHA help your horse maintain a shiny, lustrous coat and healthy skin during all seasons.
- Omega-3s help maintain strong hooves with a consistent, shiny appearance.
Why Are Omega-3s so Important for Horses?
All mammals, including horses, need a proper balance between Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids to help maintain a well functioning immune system. Yet standard horse feeds often contain excessive amounts of Omega-6 fatty acids, and few (if any) Omega-3 fatty acids. This causes a nutritional imbalance. Grizzly Omega Aid for Horses has concentrated amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids to help balance your horse’s diet, thus establishing a better balance in his or her overall immune system. About one ounce per day is enough for an average horse.
Omega Aid 4 Horses has high contents of EPA and DHA — the ONLY Omega-3s that a horse can assimilate and utilize 100% in its body. These EPAs and DHAs come from wild Alaskan salmon oil, produced in our very own plant in Alaska. It’s completely natural, with inherent antioxidants that protect the oil (something you can’t get with highly refined commodity fish oils, because refining removes antioxidants). In addition to wild Alaskan salmon oil, we include Flax Seed Oil, which is rich in ALA (alpha linolenic acid — another Omega-3 fatty acid considered highly beneficial to horses), a tiny bit of Black Currant Oil to provide the fatty acid GLA (gamma linolenic acid), and organic Essential Peppermint Oil to make our supplement very palatable to horses, while helping to support digestion. To ensure product stability, we add natural tocopherols (Vitamin E), which, along with the inherently natural antioxidants from the wild salmon oil, provide at least 15 months of product shelf life.